Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introducing Sara Kathleen

Yes, it's been a while since I've updated, but I've been a little busy. After being on bedrest to prevent pre-eclampsia, things started going downhill when I hit 37 weeks. Since I was then considered term, my doctor decided it was time to induce.

After dropping Erin off at daycare and a quick breakfast at Bruegger's, we arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am. We got me all ready and I had Todd take a picture. The last pregnant picture.

Photobucket

It was a long day, and I won't go into too much detail. I started pitocin at 10:30, and my water was broken around 12:15. 10 hours later when I wasn't progressing (it was assumed I"d have the baby quickly because I started out at 4 cm), and the doctor determined that I wasn't going to progress, I had a c-section.

Before:
Photobucket

Meeting Sara:
Photobucket

First family picture without big sis:
Photobucket

Being checked out:
Photobucket

Photobucket

First hair wash:
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: